The uncapper didn't get much of a workout with so many frames going straight into the extractor.
We have a "Handyman" uncapper (from Dadant, I think). Although the uncapping knives are run with a motor, the frames are placed in by hand (endlessly) and then cranked down through the machine. This leaves you with tired shoulders in need of a Father's Day massage.
We didn't get around to snapping pictures until the very last extractor load. You can see the frames on this last round had to be spaced out to balance the machine.
Although the total amount of honey pulled was disappointing (about 700 lbs), it was still uplifting to see the first of this year's crop spilling into pails.
It takes such a short time, and there is so little of the Spring locust honey, I don't bother with tanks or in-line filters. It all goes straight into five-gallon pails.
Gorgeous, delicate water-white honey. And the taste, oh so special...
online). This gives me a chance to brag about it face to face.
Although most of the frames were partially or completely uncapped, we did find a few that can go to the Pickaway County Fair next week.
With the extracting done, today became a project day. First on the list (Jayne's list): a new sandbox.
Here are the kids "helping" me move about a ton of sand by way of wheelbarrow trips across the play-yard.
Next on the list: fix the holes in the chicken pen and move our soon-to-be egg layers. And build a fire-pit.